commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.0 based on RC1
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:53:49 GMT
On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Oliver Heger wrote:
> I had problems with the ant build, there were compilation errors. I am
> not sure whether I have to define the paths to dependent libraries in
> build.properties. This is not mentioned in the building instructions,
> and build.xml tries to download some libraries. Probably not blocking,
> but I think build.xml should be kept up to date or removed at all.

It looks like ibiblio have changed the URL for some of the dependencies.
I've updated them in r1237106, and the ant build now works fine for me

> The clirr report gives two errors. One is mentioned in the release
> notes, and I think this is okay. I don't know about the other one,
> especially as the release notes say there are no breaking changes. Can
> you comment on this?

I've no idea on this. It's not in an area of the code I've ever worked on,
and it's in the old style of Validation that's now mostly deprecated. The
change is in a constructor of a protected inner class, which I think is
only used internally (the only reference in the codebase is within the
parent class). So, my hunch is that this isn't a problem

Nick