commons-dev mailing list archives

From stefan.albre...@icw.de
Subject [jxpath] Converter Lookup within BasicTypeConverter
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:37:11 GMT
Hi,

I stumbled over the BasicTypeConverter
(org.apache.commons.jxpath.util.BasicTypeConverter.java)

Within this class the BeanUtils ConvertUtils class is used for looking up
a matching converter. This is done by only supplying the target class. I
think it is worthwhile to either change this to use the lookup method for
both source and target class as arguments (I have not tested whether this
would break something) or refactor that lookup call into a protected
method of BasicTypeConverter, which accepts source and target class and
the implementation of BasicTypeConverter giving as default implementation
the old behavior.

What do you think of that ?
By the way, when will 1.4 be released ?

Cheers,
Stefan Albrecht

InterComponentWare AG | Altrottstraße 31 | 69190 Walldorf (Baden) |
Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 6227 385 246 | Fax: +49 (0) 6227 385 192
stefan.albrecht@icw.de | www.icw.de

InterComponentWare AG:
Vorstand: Peter Kirschbauer (Vors.), Jörg Stadler
Aufsichtsratsvors.: Prof. Dr. Christof Hettich
Firmensitz: 69190 Walldorf, Altrottstraße 31
AG Mannheim HRB 351761 / USt.-IdNr.: DE 198388516