commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Maven 2 - (was Commons Parent pom - any more changes needed?)
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 11:32:33 GMT
On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'm not sure how it is relevant whether commons users use maven 2 or 3. Even
if we require Maven 3 to build a commons component anyone can still use it in a Maven 2 build.
They only would require Maven 3 if they actually want to build one of our artifacts on their
own.

> But remember that the ASF releases source, so we cannot arbitrarily
> change build procedures without at least considering how that might
> affect downstream users.

Sources are delivered via svn and tar-balls.
We are distributing sources, but I fail to understand why we can't
define the requirements for building them ourselves.