commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Parent 23 based on RC3 (lazy consensus)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 23:12:46 GMT
On 6 January 2012 23:06, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> -0
>
>> Note: I did not update the Maven-3 section to configure the deploy> plugin, because
I'm not able to test the change.

> that is the reason, with mvn3 we cannot deploy artifacts for
> components that don't support Nexus yet, and we are forced to switch
> to mvn2.

Not strictly true, see below.

> of course there are turnarounds and manual procedures but that's not
> the point, that is reason of -0 instead of -1

I was not willing to release an untested change to the parent pom;
there are several other important fixes in CP 23 which need to be made
available, and I did not want to compromise these.

You can always add an optional profile to the POM of the non-Nexus
component; once thoroughly tested it can be migrated to a future CP
version.