commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [DBUTILS] Few unit tests for BeanProcessor; none for SQLXML support
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 11:05:10 GMT
I did some experimenting with BeanProcessor to see what would be
involved in providing Java 1.5 support.

As part of this, I tried commenting out the new code that requires Java 1.6.

All tests still worked.

I then commented out most of the rest of the else if clauses in the
processColumn method, and the unit tests still worked.

I think it might be fairly easy to recode the SQLXML section so it
still works in Java 1.5, but without a proper unit test, this is
difficult to prove.

In any case, more unit tests are definitely needed.