commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help for scxml conformance update
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:10:40 GMT
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Ingo L├╝tkebohle
<iluetkeb@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd be interested in getting a version of commons scxml which supports the
> latest SCXML standard and would be willing to contribute code to that
> effect, work on open tickets, etc..

<snip/>

Cool :-)

> If you're interested in that, please let me know how I could help best.
>
> FWIW, I've looked over the SCXML tickets marked "major" in JIRA and there
> are both feature requests (some of which appear to be quite substantial but
> not particularly essential with respect to standard conformance), and
> requests for conformance updates. I'd be happy work on the latter, but not
> so keen on the former. Maybe we could prioritize, to see what would be
> essential for 0.10, and postpone the others for a later release?

<snap/>

Sounds reasonable. There hasn't been any time put into bringing the
code upto conformance in over a year. If you're keen to work on some
issues over others, I suggest you simply make a note of that by
commenting on the appropriate ticket in JIRA (and creating a new one
if such doesn't exist) and when you feel you have a fix / solution,
please attach a patch with appropriate test cases to the JIRA
issue(s).

Couple of comments for easier review of patches:
 * Patches containing small incremental changes are usually better
than large refactorings as they are easier to validate
 * Patches shouldn't mix functional changes with changes to code style

Cheers,
-Rahul