commons-dev mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject [math] Feedback needed on MATH-735
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 09:37:42 GMT
Dear all,
I know it's not the time to open new issues, but this one should be
quickly solved (I promise!), and I think it would really improve the
whole framework for iterative linear solvers. Anyway, please have a
look to what I've written. Also, I really need  some feedback on point
#4, which I reproduce below

# {{o.a.c.m.util.linear.IterativeLinearSolverEvent}} should have a
method to access the residual (the vector itself, not only its norm).
I'm not sure *all* solvers can do that, so this should be an optional
feature, which might be useful. I see two different possible
implementations
## specify {{RealVector
o.a.c.m.util.linear.IterativeLinearSolverEvent.getResidual()}} as an
optional feature (potentially throwing
{{UnsupportedOperationException}}), together with a method {{boolean
o.a.c.m.util.linear.IterativeLinearSolverEvent.providesResidual()}}. I
think some of us do not like {{UnsupportedOperationException}}, but
this would be similar to what was done in
{{RealLinearOperator.operateTranspose(RealVector)}}.
## create a new interface {{RealVector
o.a.c.m.util.linear.IterativeLinearSolverWithResidualEvent}}.

Please let me know what you think.

Best regards,
S├ębastien