commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [MATH] Re: svn commit: r1232324 - in /commons/proper/math/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/math/distribution/ test/R/ test/java/org/apache/commons/math/distribution/
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:22:54 GMT
2012/1/17 Mikkel Meyer Andersen <mikl@mikl.dk>:
> 2012/1/17 Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.brisard@m4x.org>:
>> Hi Mikkel,
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You write for x >= 0, but isn't only x > 0?
>>>
>>> Cheers, Mikkel.
>>>
>> OK (although the formula does make sense, since the limit exists).
>> Thanks for pointing that out,
>> Sébastien
>>
> Hi,
>
> I agree, but normally the support is not including the extended real
> numbers, which I thought we should obey :-).
>
> Cheers, Mikkel.

What I meant by that is
1. I don't like to be proved wrong :-D,
2. more seriously: the boundary case is correctly handled by Dennis'
code, while the human reader can still make sense (I believe) of the
Javadoc.

Anyhow, you probably have noticed that I've already changed that in r1232325.
Many thanks again for helping remove ambiguities from the Javadoc.
Sébastien