commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jxpath] Converter Lookup within BasicTypeConverter
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:55:31 GMT
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM,  <stefan.albrecht@icw.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I stumbled over the BasicTypeConverter
> (org.apache.commons.jxpath.util.BasicTypeConverter.java)
>
> Within this class the BeanUtils ConvertUtils class is used for looking up
> a matching converter. This is done by only supplying the target class. I
> think it is worthwhile to either change this to use the lookup method for
> both source and target class as arguments (I have not tested whether this
> would break something) or refactor that lookup call into a protected
> method of BasicTypeConverter, which accepts source and target class and
> the implementation of BasicTypeConverter giving as default implementation
> the old behavior.
>
> What do you think of that ?

Hi, Stefan.  I haven't looked directly at the code you mention, but
what you're describing sounds reasonable, yes.  :)

> By the way, when will 1.4 be released ?

Excellent question.  I've recently done a little bit of work on JXPath
and am hoping to make a release in the near future, perhaps in
February or March?

Thanks for your interest,
Matt