commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Beard <jbea...@cs.mcgill.ca>
Subject Re: help for scxml conformance update
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:09:09 GMT
Hi Ingo,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Ingo L├╝tkebohle
<iluetkeb@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mon 16 Jan 2012 04:10:40 PM CET schrieb Rahul Akolkar:
>
>> Sounds reasonable. There hasn't been any time put into bringing the
>> code upto conformance in over a year. If you're keen to work on some
>> issues over others, I suggest you simply make a note of that by
>> commenting on the appropriate ticket in JIRA (and creating a new one
>> if such doesn't exist) and when you feel you have a fix / solution,
>> please attach a patch with appropriate test cases to the JIRA
>> issue(s).
>

> Okay.
>
> One question: I was going to start on implementing the "content" child of
> invoke statements and noticed that SCXML-146 has the title <invoke>, without
> further comments though. There are a couple tickets like that, most
> associated with Jacob Beard. Has that work stopped?

That work was related to my Google Summer of Code 2010 project,
scxml-js. Those tickets were children of the following task:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-120
This work has now stopped, and these tasks should probably be closed
as "won't fix". I can go ahead and clean this up.

> Also, are you aware of a specific change-log between the last draft and the
> current draft? I noticed a couple of things that are missing/different, but
> a changelog would make it much easier to check everything.

Note that the last time I looked at the Algorithm for SCXML
Intepreteration, it had a serious bug:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2011JanMar/0043.html
It appears they have changed the algorithm since then to support
internal transitions and late binding data, so perhaps this bug has
been fixed in later revisions as well.

Jake