commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Parent 23 based on RC3 (lazy consensus)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 23:19:13 GMT
On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 12:12 AM, sebb <> wrote:
> On 6 January 2012 23:06, Simone Tripodi <> wrote:
>> -0
>>> Note: I did not update the Maven-3 section to configure the deploy> plugin,
because I'm not able to test the change.
>> that is the reason, with mvn3 we cannot deploy artifacts for
>> components that don't support Nexus yet, and we are forced to switch
>> to mvn2.
> Not strictly true, see below.

indeed there are turnarouds, as I expressed in my previous message,
this is the reason why I expressed -0 and not -1.

>> of course there are turnarounds and manual procedures but that's not
>> the point, that is reason of -0 instead of -1
> I was not willing to release an untested change to the parent pom;
> there are several other important fixes in CP 23 which need to be made
> available, and I did not want to compromise these.

> You can always add an optional profile to the POM of the non-Nexus
> component; once thoroughly tested it can be migrated to a future CP
> version.

sure there are a lot of alternatives - i.e. on digester I added the
wagon-ssh in the pom as extension, and I was able to deploy via mvn -
but I don't see advantage of having  a parent when I have to
reconfigure plugins/components that could be centralized

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message