commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 1.8 based on RC1
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:08:24 GMT
Hi Gary,

Am 30.01.2012 22:37, schrieb Gary Gregory:
> Hi Oliver:
>
> These header issues are not real blockers (hence my -0). I was hoping to
> nudge you into fixing these but I also know that cutting another RC can be
> a pain.
>
> My POV is that consistency is important. Why make people spend time
> figuring out if RAT warnings are valid or not, especially when the fix is
> trivial? With 0 RAT warnings, I can move on to the next item down the check
> list.
>
> I would be happy if these header issues were all fixed in trunk such that
> the next release would pick them up. I do not think that "it was already
> broken" is a good reason to skip a task ;)
>
> Then I could +1 this release with the comfort that the next release would
> have the 'fixes'.
>
> Gary

point taken, and it turned out that it was really good to look at these
issues:
- The css file was obviously not needed, maybe it was a relict from the
maven 1 build. I removed it.
- A license header was added to PROPOSAL.html.
- I am afraid, I currently cannot solve the issue with the plist file.
The parser for plist files in [configuration] cannot deal with comments.
I created [CONFIGURATION-477] for this purpose (to be fixed in a later
release). So this is the only file the RAT report complains about.

Oliver