commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <>
Subject [SANDBOX][BeanUtils2] About magic numbers in AccessibleObjectsRegistry.MethodsRegistry.getObjectTransformationCost(Class srcClass, Class destClass)...
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:36:21 GMT

I have digged into the svn logs and the ML archive to find out more
about the magic numbers in the above mentioned method. Here is what I
could find out:

The code was commited by rdonkin on r128853. His commit comment was
"Patch to make method selection more rational. Submitted by Steve Cohen"
Looking through the archives I could only find one issue with the same
date, that had getMatchingAccessibleMethod() in it:
The corresponding JIRA issue is, that's what we were
looking for!

Sadly nothing is mentioned about the said magic numbers. So we are at
the start again. Any ideas, how to handle this issue? :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message