commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <b...@systemoutprintln.de>
Subject [SANDBOX][BeanUtils2] About magic numbers in AccessibleObjectsRegistry.MethodsRegistry.getObjectTransformationCost(Class srcClass, Class destClass)...
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:36:21 GMT
Hi,

I have digged into the svn logs and the ML archive to find out more
about the magic numbers in the above mentioned method. Here is what I
could find out:

The code was commited by rdonkin on r128853. His commit comment was
"Patch to make method selection more rational. Submitted by Steve Cohen"
Looking through the archives I could only find one issue with the same
date, that had getMatchingAccessibleMethod() in it:
http://markmail.org/message/bddma76duatdozdl?q=subject:%22getMatchingAccessibleMethod%28%29%22%2C+date:2004
The corresponding JIRA issue is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEANUTILS-128, that's what we were
looking for!

Sadly nothing is mentioned about the said magic numbers. So we are at
the start again. Any ideas, how to handle this issue? :)

Regards
Benedikt