commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.0 based on RC1
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:23:24 GMT
Hi Simone,

the build with Maven runs fine with Java 1.5 on Windows 7, artifacts and
side look good.

I had problems with the ant build, there were compilation errors. I am
not sure whether I have to define the paths to dependent libraries in
build.properties. This is not mentioned in the building instructions,
and build.xml tries to download some libraries. Probably not blocking,
but I think build.xml should be kept up to date or removed at all.

The clirr report gives two errors. One is mentioned in the release
notes, and I think this is okay. I don't know about the other one,
especially as the release notes say there are no breaking changes. Can
you comment on this?

Regards
Oliver