commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Generics and next release
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:48:42 GMT
Am 16.01.2012 14:02, schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Thank you for the hard work Oliver. The generified API alone is worth a
> release IMHO. Other Java 5 features like better synchronization can be
> added later.
>
> I think the heavy refactoring can still take place on the experimental
> branch, the Java 5 migration is simply no longer one of its main
> objectives.
>
> Emmanuel

It is also my point of view that we have enough stuff for the 1.8
release. It is not a problem to push out version 1.9 with new features
in the near future.

That said, release preparations always take some time, so Ralph, if you
come up with some code or enhancements, just go ahead.

Regarding the experimental branch: Maybe we should step back and start a
new discussion about design changes, new features, and the scope of
Configuration 2.0? Just to get a clearer direction.

Oliver