commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <b...@systemoutprintln.de>
Subject Re: [ALL] suggestion for improvement: Unify homepage layout for all commons subprojects
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:55:28 GMT
Am 16.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Christian Grobmeier:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Benedikt Ritter
> <bene@systemoutprintln.de>  wrote:

>>> The major problem was that it did not meet the branding requirements.
>>

>> I have created a jira issue:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSSITE-65
>>
>> What do you think about my idea of providing a road map for every project?
>
> Basically yes, but I am afraid that some components do not have a road
> map because they are not maintained to well (like Jelly for example or
> logging). I guess only a few components have enough steam to work
> after a roadmap (like math maybe)

Okay, I get that. But I think every project should at least be able to
determine, when the next release is scheduled. As I described with
Collections, there are major changes coming up, and it would be nice to
know, when we can expect those to be released.

Maybe every project has to consider for themselves, if they can maintain
a road map. So as for collections, I should maybe propose that on their
submailinglist.
I must say, that it is a bit scary, that most project do not have at
least an internal road map...