commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce A Johnson <johns...@umbc.edu>
Subject [Math] Why no "AnyVector" Interface?
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:11:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently working on a scripted interface to Commons Math.  I support both Real and Field
(Complex) matrices, and Real and Field (Complex) vectors.  Checking the size of the matrices
is trivial because they both implement AnyMatrix which has row and column size getters, but
because there is no AnyVector class I have to deal with the two vector types separately.
Since both RealVector and FieldVector already implement getDimension() it would seem trivial
to add an AnyVector class with that method.

Is there a reason AnyVector doesn't already exist?  If not it would seem a worthwhile (and
quick) thing to add for 3.0.

cheers,

Bruce