commons-dev mailing list archives

From Marco Speranza <marco.speranz...@gmail.com>
Subject [Graph] Kruskal's algorithm doesn't accept sparse graph
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:38:40 GMT
Hi guys,

I found a little problem into Kruskal's algorithm when the input graph is not connected and/or
 it's a graph without the edges.
I created  atest case that produces this error:

Running org.apache.commons.graph.spanning.KruskalTestCase
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.096 sec <<< FAILURE!
verifyNotConnectedMinimumSpanningTree(org.apache.commons.graph.spanning.KruskalTestCase)
Time elapsed: 0.007 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.util.NoSuchElementException
       at java.util.AbstractQueue.remove(AbstractQueue.java:90)
       at org.apache.commons.graph.spanning.DefaultSpanningTreeAlgorithmSelector.applyingKruskalAlgorithm(DefaultSpanningTreeAlgorithmSelector.java:87)

I created a issue into Jira (SANDBOX-374)  and I attached a patch that resolves the problem.

heve a nice day :)

--
Marco Speranza <marco.speranza79@gmail.com>

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcosperanza79/