commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [Math] Toward releasing 3.0 ?
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:13:36 GMT
Hello.

Among the good resolutions for this new year 2012, there had been rumours
about releasing Commons Math 3.0 around mid-January.

I've been reviewing the list of open issues and postponed several issues to
3.1 (mostly because there were no patch).
Pending design issues (matrix interface, etc.) are too fuzzy; thus unlikely
to be correctly implemented in a short timespan.

As far as I'm concerned, in order to meet a deadline that was mentioned
some time ago (in November last year, IIRC), there must be a feature freeze
as soon as possible, and an official release before March.

It thus becomes urgent to tackle the remaining blocking issues.
Can we please make a list of those, and of all practical matters that
prevent the preparation of the release?

Thanks and best regards,
Gilles