commons-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Tudor <liviu.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Commons VFS support for Amazon S3?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 23:37:33 GMT
Hi everyone,

One of the projects I am to work on in the new year requires amongst other
things storage of certain files in the Amazon S3. VFS sprang to mind as I
knew from browsing the Commons repository that it provides an abstraction
layer for dealing with file system ‹ however, it appears there is no S3
support in VFS. Are there plans to include this in a future release? If so,
is there an estimated release date? And also who are the developers
responsible for this? I'm only asking because I'm thinking/hoping that I
might be able to convince my company to put some effort perhaps into
building S3 support into VFS ‹ and as such would be good to be in direct
contact with the lead developers on this if I manage to pull this off.
(Don't take this as a promise though, it's more of a dream I suppose at this
stage :) But you don't find out till you try it so fingers crossed!)

Liv

Liviu Tudor

E: liviu.tudor@gmail.com <mailto:liviu.tudor@gmail.com>
M: +44 (0)7917696626
W: http://about.me/liviutudor <http://about.me/liviutudor>
Skype: liviutudor

I'm nobody, nobody's perfect -- therefore I'm perfect!