commons-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Tudor <liviu.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google+ Apache Commons brand page
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:51:30 GMT
Hi guys,

My 2 cents on this, as a regular Twitter user -- I follow a few
organizations/companies on Twitter and I'm normally oblivious to their
marketing messages on this network, however, I found it very useful when
they "broadcast" things about their upcoming releases -- always good to
know (I thought) that the next release is out and ready for download.
Especially if users have been waiting for a fix to a certain bug or a
certain feature to be implemented.
Also perhaps things like voting on certain aspects of the ASF projects can
be "broadcasted" via Twitter so users who are interested can get involved
in the process on the dev ML?
I don't think in the case of Commons, Twitter would help with the "brand
building", but rather would provide a nice way for users to keep up to
date, when overwhelmed by emails etc.

Liv

Liviu Tudor

E: liviu.tudor@gmail.com
M: +44 (0)7917696626
W: http://about.me/liviutudor
Skype: liviutudor

I'm nobody, nobody's perfect -- therefore I'm perfect!