commons-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Tudor <>
Subject Commons Modeler
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:02:52 GMT
Hi everyone, apologies for the email but I spoke earlier on with Simo, who
encouraged me to use the dev ML a bit more ‹ hence this email :)
In brief, recently I had worked on a project where I found myself using (for
the first time, truth being told) the Commons Modeler. Since there was
hardly any documentation on this project at the time, I put together a post
on my blog on the way I used this component. It then occurred to me that it
makes sense to have this on the Modeler wiki page as well ‹ so those of you
who are watching the Modeler wiki would have seen my recent changes on, where I included the link to my
original post (in the "External Resources" section). I then went on and
copied and adapted the content of the original post in a page on its own at ‹ which is also
referenced from the main Modeler wiki page as well.
Am I right now in assuming the guys @ Modeler will manage/accept/reject my
changes and decide whether we need the link to my post as well as the page I
created? Or do I have to signal this on this list and find out opinions on
this ‹ and then go and execute these myself?
The other thing as well, in my wiki page, I had included the full listing of
the code ‹ is there a way I can maybe commit the sources to SVN so people
can download these and also maybe we can reference these in the wiki page? I
personally find it much easier to download a source file and view it in my
Eclipse rather than traversing the code on a web page ‹ maybe that's just me
Apologies for the so many questions in a single email!

Liviu Tudor
E: <>
M: +44 (0)7917696626
W: <>
Skype: liviutudor
I'm nobody, nobody's perfect -- therefore I'm perfect!