commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Can the next version major version of a project require Java6? (i.e. drop Java 1.5)
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 17:56:06 GMT
On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM, ralph.goers
<> wrote:
> +1 to the proposal.
> As for moving out of commons I would expect that it would require a vote of
> the Commons PMC with approval from the board. I don't know why it would
> need to go through the incubator since it would have already performed
> releases here, its IP would already be cleared and presumably we would only
> make the proposal if it already had a community of its own.

I said it only because of the "community building aspect". A new tld
would be required and a working PMC must be setup. If this is would be
clear from the beginning I agree. Actually if this step would be
required, I would try to avoid the incubator as much as I can