commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google+ Apache Commons brand page
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:55:47 GMT
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Gilles Sadowski
<gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 05:00:03PM +0100, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Gilles Sadowski
>> <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
>> > Hello.

>> > How useful/needed is it to establish a presence on multiple "social"
>> > platforms?
>>
>> I would say it depends on how you utilize that. These days if find
>> #dartlang is using G+ very well. It brings them much attention there.
>> But if you would post only boring stuff once a  month, then you
>> probably should save the time.
>
> Currently I don't utilize that, partly because I didn't know it existed
> before your email ;-), but mostly because being already overwhelmed by the
> ML posts, I wouldn't stand in the way of another stream...
>
> My question above was a genuine one: How useful is it to people? How is it
> really necessary to push news, or be "interactive"?

I can't answer with statistics. But following the talk of the people
it seem the days of the "e-mail" has counted. Not sure if it does
matter in the case of Commons, but we can only know if we try. Anyway,
I don't want to advocate here. I just wanted to say I have reserved
this page and it is for use for this project, if it wants to use it.
If not I am fine with this. Personally I think using these tools can
help brining in new committers, but of course I cannot know.

Cheers

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de