commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google+ Apache Commons brand page
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:15:09 GMT
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> Le 23/12/2011 11:15, Christian Grobmeier a écrit :

>>> Is this compatible with Apache trademark policy ? I think we should
>>> probably ask Shane about this (he is Apache VP Brand Management).
>>
>> What exactly would you like to ask?
>
> I would like to ask if this fits the policy and how the ownership of
> this page should be handled.

There was already some discussion on the Board list, with Shane
included. Not sure where the mailinglists archives are for private
mls, but if you know it, you can look at the 2.11. this year. Simone
started the topic with asking for twitter.

To my understanding there was no objection on using these tools, but
Shane was proposing to develop some best practices. (hope it is ok to
tell this on a non private list).
I do not follow trademarks@ so I don't know if there were any recommendations.

Anyway, I don't use this page. Just wanted to make sure it doesn't get
in wrong hands. If Commons does not like to use such a tool, the page
will not be used at all.

I will now write to Shane, asking him if he has meanwhile more information.

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de