commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Digester 3.2 based on RC1
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 17:19:33 GMT
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 5:23 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> not include its LICENSE.
>>
>> ASM is a _transitive_ dependency brought by CGLIB and mentioning it in
>> the NOTICE file is required for the uber-jar, as expressed in the ASM
>> license:
>>
>> "2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
>>   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
>>   documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution."
>>
>> where "the above copyright notice" is
>>
>>  Copyright (c) 2000-2011 INRIA, France Telecom
>>  All rights reserved.
>>
>> included in the NOTICE file, so I don't understand why ASM license
>> should be included - IANAL (and I don't want to be) so please
>> everybody explain me

Don't think the license itself must be included, but could not find
any guidlines on that.
BUT I can't find the "list of conditions" mentioned.

> Looks like it would be easy enough to include specific N&L files in
> the shaded jar; if not, maybe use a separate Maven module to do the
> shading and hold the N&L files?

Or - if one wants to avoid the overkill with License-Only-Maven
modules - drop the alldeps jar and just distribute the Digester.jars +
Sourcecode. In times of maven, I am not sure if we need to provide a
complete package including all jars. If somebody really uses plain ant
he can easily pickup the 3 jars himself.

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de