commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] graduate [graph] as a proper component
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:48:35 GMT
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/18/11 1:12 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>> [ ] +1 Accept [graph] as a proper component
>> [ ] +/- 0 uhm...
>> [ ] -1 Don't accept it - and please explain why
>>
>> Open will stay open for 72h and closes on Wed 21th, 8:15 PM CET.
>
> -1 unless I hear from other ASF committers intending to work on this
> component.
>
> I will happily change this to +1 if any of the people who have voted
> +1 assert they intend to commit or if any other ASF committer
> asserts that intention.
>
> We have too many "one man shows" and walking dead in Commons proper
> now to make more.

One more or less will not hurt. ;-) </kidding>

Actually [graph] with one active committer (Simone), one interested
committer (James) and 3 (!) active contributors is in a better state
than many other components.

If the "one man shows" are a problem, then I suggest we clean up the
proper list and move things to dormant instead of blocking an actively
developed component.

Who knows - with 3 active contributors chances are good they are
joining the commons team.

>From my own experience, it is *very* frustrating to contribute on a
sandbox component and if there weren't Torsten who supported me so
much I probably would have given up.

That being said, I myself have no time to play an active part in it. I
just think we are fixing the commons situation on the wrong place.

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de