commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] [POOL-208] Support Java 1.5 Generics in version 1.x.
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:41:14 GMT
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.5.x ships with tomcat and is used by lots of other production
> applications.  We need to maintain the ability to patch it.

Tomcat 5.5 (the oldest stable version i can find) uses Java 5:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html

This proposed release is binary compatible - they should not have any
issue to upgrade, right?
How long would you like to maintain the elder 1.5.x code without java 5 support?

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de