commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google+ Apache Commons brand page
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:41:57 GMT
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Thank you for reserving the page Christian. In the same vein we should
> probably register an Apache Commons account on Twitter.

+1

> I think this raises an interesting point: we lack the tools to properly
> communicate directly on the commons.apache.org site. The announcements are
> not displayed on the home page, probably because Commons comes from Jakarta
> that did this for its sub projects.

thats true... should be addressed.

What has happened to Simones "fluido" effort? Picking this up again
might be a good chance

> Ideally I imagine the news should be posted on our site and replicated
> automatically on Google+ and Twitter. I don't know if other Apache projects
> do this already.

Directmemory does twitter, and Apache Struts does Twitter and G+:
https://plus.google.com/116578204419118022943/posts
https://twitter.com/#!/TheApacheStruts

Actually I like the utilizing of Struts very much.

Automatically on G+ is not possible imho. We would need to create +1
buttons, and people can share a page on G+.
Twitter might be possible, but when should it update? I mean, what
hook could we use?

The other projects I know or have heard of are doing all the stuff
manually (specifically a few volunteers of the PMC do)

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de