commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [POOL2] mutability requirements for Generic[Keyed]ObjectPool in DBCP/JNDI
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:10:52 GMT
This is a parallel thread to the one about PoolFactory implementations.

I'm trying to establish the mutability needs of the
[Keyed]ObjectPool implementations, i.e.

Generic[Keyed]ObjectPool

I've looked at DBCP 1.4, which uses POOL 1.x.

SharedPoolDataSource.registerPool() creates an instance of
GenericKeyedObjectPool which it configures via the setters; however
the instance is then stored in a KeyedObjectPool, and setters/getters
are not used elsewwhere.

SImilarly, DriverAdapterCPDS.getPooledConnection creates an instance
of GenericKeyedObjectPool which is then only used via the
KeyedObjectPool interface.

So: as far as I can tell from DBCP, there is no need to provide
mutable ObjectPool implementations; so long as the pool can be
configured intially, that is sufficient.

Are there any other existing use cases that I am missing here?