commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <>
Subject Re: [ALL][VOTE] Rename Commons Sanselan to Commons Image
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:00:17 GMT
2011/12/22 Sébastien Brisard <>:
> Hello,
> I am no native english speaker, but it seems to me that
> commons-imaging would suggest image analysis tools, while (as far as I
> know) sanselan is devoted to IO. In which case, maybe commons-imageio
> would be better suited?

Although you are possibly right with regards to the projects current
state, I see no necessity to indicate restrictions in the name. So I'd
consider "imaging" a perfectly valid name.

+1 to that

“Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right.”

H. L. Mencken (c.1925)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message