commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <>
Subject [VOTE][Codec] Release Commons Codec 1.6-RC2 REDUX
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 03:06:03 GMT
Good day to you all:

I have prepared Commons Codec 1.6-RC2, again, per Sebb's suggestion. I am
not calling it RC3 because there are no changes in source files from the
last RC. The only difference is that I built from a fresh checkout of the
RC2 svn tag.

The changes from RC1 are what Sebb found:
- EOL in sources
- Cruft from a dirty build, so I built this RC as I should have the first
time around with:
    - mvn clean
    - mvn deploy -Prelease

The link above includes checksum files.

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead, I cannot take the time
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because:

This VOTE is open for 72 hours, until November 23 2011, 14:00 EST.

Fixed Bugs:
o Use standard Maven directory layout.  Issue: CODEC-129. Thanks to
o Documentation spelling fixes.  Issue: CODEC-128. Thanks
o Fix various character encoding issues in comments and test cases.  Issue:
o ColognePhonetic Javadoc should use HTML entities for special characters.
Issue: CODEC-123.

o Implement a Beider-Morse phonetic matching codec.  Issue: CODEC-125.
Thanks to Matthew Pocock.
o Migrate to Java 5.  Issue: CODEC-119.
o Migrate to JUnit 4.  Issue: CODEC-120.

Heads up: the Beider-Morse encoder tests take a long time to run (5
minutes). The code has been optimized.

Thank you,

E-Mail: |
JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: