commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL][VOTE] Rename Commons Sanselan to Commons Image
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:47:23 GMT
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 21/12/2011 13:14, Gary Gregory a écrit :
>

>  Let's not forget the obvious: imageio.
>>
>> That fits in the Java 5 and commons naming nicely. Java 5 provides
>> javax.imageio, which we should take advantage of if possible.
>>

> How far do we want to go with javax.imageio integration? Do we intend to
> implement the service provider interfaces in javax.imageio.spi?

That seems like a reasonable path for the future. The question is why would
we not go towards javax.imageio integration?

Because we support Android is one answer but that is out of scope now as
far as I am concerned.

If you started [imageio/imaging] today, would you avoid using
javax.imageio?

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/