commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject [digester] providing additional shaded artifact
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:21:30 GMT
Hi all guys,
to complete DIGESTER-153 we had to include CGLIB as new dependency,
actually I would like to experiment distributing an *additional*
artifact (jar) where dependencies are shaded - maybe also renamed for
internal use only.
Note that I don't want to replace the existing distribution, I just
would like to add another jar - users could chose to use it instead.
That wouldn't be the first time that a commons component would
distribute more than one artifact anyway, [beanutils] already does
(even if not shading dependencies)
Do you see potential legal/technical issues?
TIA,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi