commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE PROCESS] Stability versus usability
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:03:29 GMT
Hi Gary!

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Gary Gregory <> wrote:
> Personally, I do not like annotations to describe the stability of an API.
> If it's public I can use it. The next release is binary and/or source
> compatible, just document how to migrate. No one is forcing me to upgrade.
> If I upgrade, I am using a new pile of code and I must deal with that.
> Using ".internal" packages is an interesting way to go.

interesting stuff as well - I learnt a trick from Google Guice team
that developed internal stuff only[1] and then "obfuscate"[2] them in
the way most ides won't recognize for code completion, so users cannot
rely on internal APIs :P
I personally think that is a valid approach, just my 0.02 cents,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message