commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Graph] On graph weight type(s)
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:23:12 GMT
Hola Claudio!

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Claudio Squarcella
<squarcel@dia.uniroma3.it> wrote:
> Hey Simone,
>

> trying to put it all together (thanks James, Matthew):
>
>  * Weighted<W> is fully generic without restrictions on the type of
>   weight W
>  * different properties of weights are specified with interfaces: e.g.
>   Summable, HasZero, Comparable...
>  * each algorithm requires the weights to implement one or more of the
>   above interfaces based on needs, and only works with related methods
>   abstracting from the actual type of weight. For example sum(W
>   weight) for Summable.

this is interesting - at a first read looked like an over engineered
layer, but it perfectly model the weight domain... can you provide a
patch containing such classes and see them in action in current
implemented algos?

> Now, IFF you like that... what shall we do with Double, Integer, etc?

uhm I think we can get rid of them, this is something depending on the
domain in which algorithms are applied.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/