commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] graduate [graph] as a proper component
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:00:52 GMT
Hi Phil, sorry but I think I lost you.

Maybe actual Commons committers are interested on see [graph] released
but don't have spare time to commit on it - OTOH, there are non ASF
committers (researchers that work on the graph field) interested on
contributing, so we could build the component micro-community with
them. But being the component on sandbox, I'm not sure you would be
available on accepting/voting new committers that contribute on a
sandbox component.

So, I understand your concern that's only me behing [graph] but if we
are waiting for other ASF committers take part to the component, I'm
not sure we will ever have the chance to promote it from the sandbox.

Moreover the proposed component has a good svn activity[1], it is not
just an abandoned one that I am trying to resurrect.

Anyway, thanks for the feedbacks!
-Simo

[1] http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?path=%2Fcommons%2Fsandbox%2Fgraph

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/