commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ALL][VOTE] Rename Commons Sanselan to Commons Image
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:32:45 GMT
On 19/12/2011 14:54, Gary Gregory wrote:
> This is a VOTE to [ALL] to rename Commons Sanselan to Commons Image.
>
> The drive is to have a meaningful obvious name like [Lang], [IO], [Net],
> and so on.
>
> This VOTE is open until December 22, 10AM EST.

-1.

The naming decision was made by the community when Sanselan joined
Commons 2.5 years ago [1] and I see no reason to revisit that decision.
I am rather disappointed to see this being rehashed after the issue has
already been resolved.

Not all Commons components have functional names. If the Sanselan
community wants to use that name then I have no problem with that.

Mark

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/zn4y4ah2x4crgsow