commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [pool2] again on get rid of synchronized block
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:17:21 GMT
On 12/12/2011 20:14, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 12/12/11 1:08 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>> Hi Phil,
>> I haven't kept up-to-date to GKOP and GOP development for a while, so
>> if you feel confident about current state, I trust you :)
>
> Please do dive in and have a look.  This is all new code for 2.0 and
> we could really use more eyeballs and testing on it.

If I recall correctly, the current state is as follows:
- we believe it works correctly
- performance is improved
- tests all pass but more edge case testing is almost certainly required
- there are a number of open enhancement requests it would be nice, but
not essential, to implement for the first release

I think we are in a good position for a beta release at the moment.

Mark