commons-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: [math] Strange svn conflict
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 16:23:30 GMT
S├ębastien Brisard wrote on Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 14:06:16 +0100:
> It has been suggested on the dev mailing list that this might have
> something to do with bad synchronization between different
> repositories. Yesterday, Daniel was very doubtful about that, and
> suggested we run svn info on the file causing the conflict, for both
> US/EU mirrors. He also wrote that running `svn info` actually forced
> some kind of synchronization between both mirrors (or so I
> understood). So I ran `svn info`, then tried again to commit, but that
> did not work either.

'svn info' does not cause the mirrors to sync.  It was meant to compare
the HEAD revisions of the two mirrors (they turned out to be equal) to
rule that out as the cause of the problem.

As you point out later, the mirrors disagree in a more severe way: in
their histories.  Thanks a lot for highlighting that!  (I missed it in
your original `svn info` output)

No other revision in the last 30k revisions appears to be affected,
insofar as 'log -qv' is indicative.