commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: Google+ Apache Commons brand page
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:28:41 GMT
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 05:00:03PM +0100, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Gilles Sadowski
> <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> >> Thank you for reserving the page Christian. In the same vein we
> >> should probably register an Apache Commons account on Twitter.
> >
> > How useful/needed is it to establish a presence on multiple "social"
> > platforms?
>
> I would say it depends on how you utilize that. These days if find
> #dartlang is using G+ very well. It brings them much attention there.
> But if you would post only boring stuff once a  month, then you
> probably should save the time.

Currently I don't utilize that, partly because I didn't know it existed
before your email ;-), but mostly because being already overwhelmed by the
ML posts, I wouldn't stand in the way of another stream...

My question above was a genuine one: How useful is it to people? How is it
really necessary to push news, or be "interactive"?

Best regards,
Gilles