commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [Math] Name changes in package "optimization"
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 13:47:27 GMT
Hello.

(1)
To further rationalize the class naming in package "optimization", I propose
the following changes:
 * "RealPointValuePair" -> "PointScalarValuePair"
 * "VectorialPointValuePair" -> "PointVectorValuePair"

(2)
I wonder whether we could use the "Pair" class (in "util") as a base class
for all the "pair" classes defined in "optimization".

(3)
It would be clearer to have, for each of the above types, a single
implementation of a "Simple...Checker", to replace the two that
currently exist.
Which of "point" or "value" is to be checked could be selected using an
"enum" specified at construction.

What do you think?

Regards,
Gilles