commons-dev mailing list archives

From henrib <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE PROCESS] Stability versus usability
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 09:18:53 GMT

ralph.goers wrote
> The part I'm struggling with is that if these are annotations vs just
> javadoc tags then I would expect some kind of either compile time or
> runtime behavior (or both).  It seems that you are proposing javadoc tags
> instead?  If not what behavior would the annotations cause?
I'm not versed enough in Javadoc but I believe annotation carry more
processing "power". The information can remain in the executable and allow
post build analysis. To feed a clirr report, it seems we'd need to
introspect the classes/methods to find those @internal. One could even dream
of a -your favorite IDE here- plugin that warns you when using one of those.
If there is an easy / easier practical solution that could serve the same
purpose, I'm all for it!

Sent from the Commons - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message