commons-dev mailing list archives

From henrib <hen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JEXL] New non-private mutable fields
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 15:01:02 GMT
After more thoughts on the matter, I tried to be attractive to pragmatic
coder with JEXL which is antagonist to the more rigorous approach you want
to impose.
As a user of some other libraries, I find bothersome not being able to
derive classes because all methods/fields are private and/or final when
there is no "obvious" reason. Which also means I accept the price of this
freedom which is to follow releases / maintain my code when necessary. Thus,
my tendency to privilege 'protected' fields or methods.
My goal with JEXL was  allowing a "playground" of some sort for scripting; I
will definitely loose interest in it if it has to become a "closed" library.
Your call.