commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] [POOL-208] Support Java 1.5 Generics in version 1.x.
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:35:15 GMT
On Dec 23, 2011, at 6:00, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi again Gary!
>
> I had another review after your latest commits, I just fixed 1 missing
> @param comment, and IMHO in therms of having generics-only, this
> release should be ready...
>
> Do you have any plan? Thanks for driving this!
> -Simo

My plan is simply to finish cleaning up the warnings that generics
introduced, like the one you just fixed in javadocs.

Still no runtime behavior changes. I did not even change to enhanced for loops.

I plan building an RC soon. Because of the generics only aspect of the
changes since 1.5.7, I do not see the need for more work than anything
related to generics in the code. For the build, the POM can continue
to pick up current versions of plugins IMO.

Do you see anything else to do?

Gary