commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [daemon] How to get the Windows EXEs out of Maven Central
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:24:43 GMT
sebb wrote:

> On 24 November 2011 15:36, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@scalaris.com>
> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:

>>> You don't; Maven Central is for Java dependencies only.
>>
>> Who said that? The repo contains whatever has been uploaded/deployed.
>
> That was my understanding.
> I've never seen an EXE on MC.
>
> If it supports them, fine, we could consider deploying Daemon exes there.
>
> But note that EXEs are highly OS-dependent, whereas jars generally aren't.
> There are 3 different versions of prunsrv for different architectures
> (32-bit, ia64, amd64) currently.

Obviously they cannot share all the same artifact coordinates. Using e.g.
the nar-plugin to create shared libraries (dll or so) from C/C++ code, the
plugin typically uses a classifier that is assembled by Compiler/OS/Arch.

However, the repository is defining the naming scheme. All you can do is to
use something like the dependency-plugin to create a local copy that is
stripped by version and classifier. So, the question is, if that's the way
to go with daemon.

- Jörg