commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DAEMON] Release Apache Commons Daemon 1.0.8
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 12:33:28 GMT
On 18 November 2011 14:14, Mladen Truk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> The proposed Apache Commons Daemon 1.0.8 release
> is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon-1.0.8/

The README.html files refer to RELEASE-NOTES.txt which are not present.
I assume that will be fixed on the mirrors?

The binaries/ folder contains .jar and sig/has files; are these needed here?
If not, I think they should be deleted, as the sig file differs from
the one in the Maven staging repo (different timestamp)
The .jar file is included in the zip/tar.gz files anyway.

Otherwise, sigs and hashes agree, and zip and tgz archives agree.

> The svn tag is:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_8_RC1/

The CHANGES.txt file disagrees with the version in the source
archives; this is because it uses $Date, which is locale-dependent
Perhas that can be changed to $Id instead?

The src/site and src/media directory trees are missing from the source archives.

I think this is a blocker.