commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [classscan] What happened to ClassScan?
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 15:32:49 GMT
I am playing around with DSL-izing Meiyo a bit more.  The code just
seems way too complicated for the general case (at least from what
I've seen browsing the source/tests).  I'd like to do something like
this...

ClassScan.scan().threadContextLoader().where().classAnnotated(MyAnnotation.class)
ClassScan.scan().referenceClass(MyFrameworkClass.class).where().isConstructible()

I'd like it to read more like a sentence for the most-likely usecases.
 Of course, we'd allow the user to "plug" in their own filters, etc.,
to further customize what they want, but hopefully they won't have to
for 90%+ of the scenarios.