commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [convert] API Discussion...
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 02:19:57 GMT
I was taking a look at the [convert] component because I have done
some work lately on some handy conversion classes.  I'm struggling to
understand why you'd need the getSourceClass() and getTargetClass()
methods if you're using generics.

Also, I've got a class that looks like this:

public class ConverterChain<S,T> implements Converter<S,T>
{
  public static <S> ConverterChain<S,S> from(Class<S> sourceType);
  public <N> ConverterChain<S,N> append(Converter<T,N> converter);
}

I'd like to contribute it, but in my library, I don't have all of
those references to the class objects (source/target).  I might check
it in without the source/target stuff implemented.