commons-dev mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [math] release plan for 3.0 ?
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:17:05 GMT
Hi,
as for me, I can only think of new features... probably not the best
time... I'll just name them for the record, to see if people would be
interested
  - allow for higher-order Legendre-Gauss integration schemes, and indeed
other Gauss-based integration schemes,
  - widen the panel of special functions (I find myself constantly in need
of Bessel functions, for example),
  - add new iterative linear solvers (for the time being, only CG and
SYMMLQ are implemented).

On a more practical basis, trying to help for the next release, I've
quickly skimmed through the open JIRA tickets. I'm a little bit
uncomfortable, because I'm very new to this library, and would fear to mess
things up instead of resolving issues. However, I've found at least two of
them I could probably work on quite safely : MATH-677 and MATH-707, if you
think that should be planned for next release.

Also, I can continue working on package distribution, to merge
xxxDistribution and xxxDistributionImpl (someone please answer my post: I
want to check that we agree this should be done!).

Finally, I can start working on the (not-too-long) checkstyle report.

Any other suggestions?

S├ębastien